Safety Tips - Child Safety
The following are tips that can help you avoid becoming a victim of a crime when you are out and about, or working at your job.
Safety Tips for Children
- Keep the child informed about the dangers outside. Denial of such problems will result in children misjudging the security.
- Always keep a check on the child, while he is playing outside.
- Train him/her to raise alarm, when somebody takes them or they are in trouble. The best advice is to give a whistle and ask the child to blow it whenever neccessary.
- Always keep a watch on the presence of strangers in your locality.
- Always encourage the child to talk with you, so that he/she might tell their difficulties.
- Look out for sudden behavioural changes and counsel them whenever needed.
- Be informed about the symptoms of child sexual abuse.
Safety Tips For School Children - While Walking to School
- Always walk on the footpath only. On roads without footpath, walk on the extreme left hand side of the roads.
- Do not be impatient on the road. Do not rush or run on the road.
- Cross only at Zebra crossings, traffic signals, subways, foot over-bridges. Where such facilities do not exist, look for a safe place to cross.
- Never cross a road at a corner/curve, as the motorist taking the turn will not be able to see you in time.
- Running across the road is a bad idea, as you may slip and fall.
Safety Tips For School Children - While going by bus
- Do not board or alight at a bus stop other than the one decided by the school. Never board and alight at a red light crossing or unauthorized bus stop.
- Always hold onto the handrail if standing in a moving bus, especially on sharp turns.
- Do not sit, stand or travel on the footboard of the bus.
- Do not put any part of your body outside a moving or stationary bus.
- Always adhere to the bus safety rules.
Women Safety Apps